Tell us your tales of being a UNT student, faculty/staff member or alum.
Nov. 18, 2019
e want to hear directly from YOU about your experiences as a student, alum, faculty or staff member (past or present) to gift remembrance — along with a few tears and a lot of laughs. Pick a question (or a couple) below to help guide your story, record your audio and submit. Check out other submitted stories below!
Pick a question to help guide your story
- Talk about a person at UNT who has had the greatest influence on your life. What lessons did they teach you?
- Thinking about future generations of students, and knowing that they might hear this recording, is there wisdom or advice you would like to share with them?
- What are your most vivid memories from your time on campus?
- If you could relive your college years, would you? What would you do different?
- Has your life been different than what you imagined when you first started out as a student?
- How did your time as a student prepare you for your career?
- What is the funniest thing you ever saw or heard on campus?
- Were there university traditions that were especially important to you?
- Did you ever spend the holidays on campus or away from your family? What was that experience like?
- What was your best moment as a teacher or staff member?
- What was your first day as a freshman like?
- What was graduation day like?
- What brought you to UNT? Was it what you expected once you got here?
- What class will you never forget?
- What were your favorite places on campus or around Denton?
- If you could have picked another major, what would it have been?
- Did you meet your spouse on campus? Tell us the story of your courtship.
- Did you participate in Study Abroad or service trips while you were here? What were your most memorable moments from those trips?
- What was the strangest thing you ever saw on campus and what did you think was going on?
- What did you miss most after leaving UNT?
- What organizations were you a part of? How did they change you or the course of your life?
Kayla Lindberg ('11)
In this story, Kayla talks about her experience as an RA at Crumley Hall, and the lifelong friendships she formed from that experience -- she and her fellow RAs were even bridesmaids in each other's weddings.