Douglas Layne

Douglas Layne (’49,’50 M.A.), Denton. He was a member of the President’s Council and donated to the Department of Chemistry and the James L. Carrico Memorial Fund. In the late 1990s, he served on the advisory board of the Department of Chemistry and on the executive advisory board of the Department of Marketing. For two years, he worked for the Chemical Corps at Dugway Proving Ground and in 1954, joined Dow Corning Corp. in Midland, Michigan. He served as vice president of global business and market development for Dow Corning before retiring in 1984. Upon retirement, he became a member of the Planned Innovation Consulting Group, and he was active in his church.

Douglas Layne (’49,’50 M.A.), Denton. He was a member of the President’s Council and donated to the Department of Chemistry and the James L. Carrico Memorial Fund. In the late 1990s, he served on the advisory board of the Department of Chemistry and on the executive advisory board of the Department of Marketing. For two years, he worked for the Chemical Corps at Dugway Proving Ground and in 1954, joined Dow Corning Corp. in Midland, Michigan. He served as vice president of global business and market development for Dow Corning before retiring in 1984. Upon retirement, he became a member of the Planned Innovation Consulting Group, and he was active in his church.