With the football season kicking off at UNT's spectacular new Apogee Stadium Sept. 10, this fall is the perfect time to show your UNT pride. And we went to the perfect source — Scrappy, the Eagle mascot — for advice on making Mean Green spirit soar wherever you are. Although Scrappy is a bird of few words, we managed to interpret his call.
"I've raised spirit on campus for years, but I can't spread our green pride without your help," he says.
At the office
- Wear green to work on Fridays. Visit the center poster in this issue to learn how to buy — and win — great university-branded green gear.
- Display your UNT diploma in your cage or office.
- Network with other Eagles for job leads. UNT's Career Center and Alumni Association are great resources.
- Come back to the nest and support students by attending games, concerts and events or donate your time or money. Don't forget to check in on Foursquare if you visit campus so others know you're here.
- Connect with our 34,000-plus fans and like us on Facebook.
- Brag at school, work or home about the great things happening at UNT.
Support the Mean Green
- Hold up your Eagle Claw to show pride and unity. If you don't have talons, use your fist. Make a "V" for "Victory" with your pointer and middle fingers, extend your thumb and curl your fingers toward your palm.
- Join me for tailgating festivities before every home game at tailgating areas and around campus.
- Display a UNT yard flag or car decal and order a UNT license plate.
- Do like I do and wear green to every game, especially Oct. 8 for "Green Out the Game."