October’s Homecoming kicked it “Old School” with this year’s theme and was full of friends, fun and Mean Green spirit. The Golden Eagles brought 1960 to life again, while the Department of Chemistry celebrated a century as leaders in science. And with a look to the future, the university marked the official opening of the new Life Sciences Complex and the “topping out” ceremony of the new stadium. Alumni groups such as the Green Jackets and the Floyd Graham Society gathered to enjoy friendships old and new. Spirit and tradition was decades strong as crowds fired up for the bonfire, yell contest, parade, tailgating and last Homecoming game ever at Fouts Field.
Share your 2010 Homecoming memories
Congratulations to Ken Chaney for winning a UNT T-shirt, water bottle and bag for the Homecoming photos he submitted.
Share your photos from Homecoming events:
- E-mail your photo to our Flickr account - firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of the e-mail, put a descriptive title for your photo.
- In the body of the e-mail, add your email address to be entered into the drawing.
- Your photo will show up in our Homecoming slideshow.
Share your stories and videos from Homecoming:
- Tell us about your most memorable 2010 UNT Homecoming adventures by commenting below.
- Share your videos by commenting below with the link.